Last updated 1 February 2023.
Agreement to Terms
Last updated 1 August 2020.
Please read these Terms (“Terms”) carefully before using the https://www.studio-dojo.com website (“Website”) operated by Studio Dojo Pte Ltd (“We”).
Your access to and use of the Website is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Website.
By accessing or using the Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms than you may not access the Website.
The information provided on the Website is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
No part of the Website may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
You may not access or use the Website for any purpose other than that for which we make the Website available. The Website may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Website, you agree not to:
- systematically retrieve data or other content from the Website to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- make any unauthorized use of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Website.
- use the Website to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Website and/or the Content contained therein.
- engage in unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website.
- trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords;
- make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Website or the networks or services connected to the Website.
- attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- use any information obtained from the Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- use the Website as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Website and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Website.
- attempt to bypass any measures of the Website designed to prevent or restrict access to the Website, or any portion of the Website.
- harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Website to you.
- delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Website or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Website.
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Website, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Website.
- use the Website in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
The Website may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Website, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”).
Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Website and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- the creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- you are the creator and owner of or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and to authorise us, the Website, and other users of the Website to use your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms.
- you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your Contributions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms.
- your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- your Contributions do not violate any state law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
- your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
- your Contributions do not otherwise violate, or link to material that violates, any provision of these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation.
Any use of the Website in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Website.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Website (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
Trainings, Workshops, Events or other services
You may be required to register (for training, workshops, events, or other services) within our Website. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
On our Website, you may make certain transactions online. This may be purchasing a registration slot or making other payment and transactions. These transactions will not be final until we receive and process your confirmation of payment.
Your confirmation of payment may not be received for reasons including mechanical, software, computer, telecommunications or electronic failure, or the omission or failure of other providers or systems which are outside the control of either of us. You acknowledge that to the extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you in any way for loss or damage, however caused, directly or indirectly, in connection with the transmission or submission of an electronic instruction through our Website or any failure to receive an electronic instruction for any reason.
All payments for any training, workshops, events, or other services purchased via our Website must be paid in full by the due date specified in the relevant confirmation.
You should not send us sensitive financial information like your credit card number by email.
Refunds and Cancellation
All training and event fees are non-refundable.
In the unlikely event that the event, training or workshop is cancelled, we will fully refund your registration fee with no penalties.
Transferring your registered slot
If you wish to transfer your slot to a friend or colleague, please send us the contact details of the participant to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that transfer of registration needs to be at least 2 days before the event you are registered for.
Participants are to respect the privacy of the other participants and the integrity of the event. All details of the event are to be kept in confidence and not be reproduced or disseminated without our express written consent.
Health and Well-Being
Participants are responsible for their personal well-being. They should inform the trainer or facilitator if they feel sick, anxious or uncomfortable at any time during the event. We will not be liable for any injuries, physical or otherwise, sustained during the event.
Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated at events conducted by us. This includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, deliberate intimidation, sustained disruption of the event and inappropriate physical contact.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour must immediately comply. If a participant engages in any of the aforementioned behaviour, we may take any action we deem appropriate, from warning the offender to immediately expelling the offender from the event with no refund.
Video or Photo Taking
Please understand that lengthy video and sound recordings during events might be annoying and disruptive. Kindly ask for permission first, if you are planning to make photos or record videos.
Please send us an email at email@example.com if you want to attend the event and have special requirements such as access for wheelchairs. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
The event space is a non-smoking space and no smoking is permitted within the venue.
The Client must comply with the National Health & Safety policy, where applicable.
The event space must be left in the same state of cleanliness as provided pre-event.
No unapproved alterations may be made to the appearance of the event space and nothing should be affixed to the walls or surfaces without the prior approval from Studio Dojo.
We will charge the Client for any damage caused by guests and others attending the event or using the event space.
A confirmed event space reservation shall only be deemed to be cancelled when we receive an email notification of the cancellation from the Client via firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that the venue can only be cancelled (with 100% refund) at least 2 days before the event reservation date.
Studio Dojo reserves the right to cancel the reservation if:
- the venue has to be closed due to Force Majeure;
- the Client is in arrears with any payment due to Studio Dojo;
- Studio Dojo discovers that the Client has deliberately concealed information, or deliberately given Studio Dojo incorrect information, about the event.
If Studio Dojo cancels the reservation for any of the reasons set out in paragraphs above, any payment already made by the Client will not be refunded.
In the event the Client delays, suspends or places a hold on the project for any reason, the Client shall promptly provide Studio Dojo with written notice of such delay, hold or suspension. The Client and Studio Dojo will, within 14 days of such notice, agree on appropriate revisions to the applicable Statement of Work and each Party will complete its respective duties and obligations as described in any resulting Change Order. During the period following Studio Dojo’s receipt of the Client’s notice of delay, hold or suspension, the Client will compensate Studio Dojo for additional service fees and Pass-through Expenses incurred by Studio Dojo as a result of such delay or suspension, as agreed to and as set forth in any such resulting Change Order.
Changes to this Terms
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of this Terms, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change. Changes to these Terms are effective when they are posted on this page.
The Website is provided on an as-is and as-available basis. You agree that your use of the Website and our services will be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Website and your use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Website’s content or the content of any websites linked to the Website and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any (1) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content and materials, (2) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Website, (3) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Website, (5) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Website by any third party, and/or (6) any errors or omissions in any content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Website. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Website, any hyperlinked website, or any website or mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and any third-party providers of products or services.
As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
Limitations of Liability
In no event will we or our directors, employees, or agents be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages, including lost profit, lost revenue, loss of data, or other damages arising from your use of the Website, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (1) your Contributions; (2) use of the Website; (3) breach of these Terms; (4) any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Terms; (5) your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights; or (6) any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Website with whom you connected via the Website.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
If you have any questions about our Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.
Any question should include, at least, your full name and contact information. We will reply your questions within reasonable time.